Ross Millican established RDM Management Services to provide specialised
consultancy support to the public and private sectors in the areas
of project management and specialist operational advice on the development
and commissioning of institutional facilities including prisons
and secure hospitals.
Particular focus is on providing clients with a turnkey delivery
on major projects. Supported by a range of Associates in Australia
and New Zealand the Company is able to deliver quality services
in a variety of disciplines.
PAST EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
- Development and implementation of the first monitoring
and reporting regime for a publically operated Prison
in New Zealand.
- The management of large-scale organisational change
in both the public and private sector demonstrated
recently as Project Director for the transition of
the Auckland Central Remand Prison from private operation
to Government control.
- Project Director for the construction, commissioning
and startup of the worlds largest privately
designed, constructed, operated and financed prison.
This 3024 bed project in the Republic of South Africa
involved all aspects of a turn key project including
the development of comprehensive operating and emergency
procedures, facility commissioning and the recruitment
of local staff.
- Remedial planning and project management to rectify
default notices in a failing prison in the United
- Establishment and implementation of corporate policies
and procedures to guide the operation of a newly established
Company and the provision of corporate advice and
training to the Managing Director and other senior
- The successful tender for the Auckland Central Remand
Prison in New Zealand.
- The management of over 10 successful start up and
commissioning programmes for custodial and detention
facilites in Australia and overseas including the
conduct of extensive due diligence for existing operations.
- The development, submission and negotiation of a
tender for the design, construction, financing and
operation of a 600 bed medium security campus style
prison under contract to the Victorian Government.
- The sensitive negotiation of commercial contracts
for the provision of a wide range of infrastructure,
facilities and services.
- The preparation of complex reports, investigations
- Advice on operational issues pertinent to variety
of forums including:
- Interdepartmental committees and working groups
- Parliamentary Committees
- Industrial Relations Commission (State and
- National and International Conferences
- State level Project Control Groups
- Community and other stake holder committees
- Industry Associations
- Employee Unions